At Chrysalis House, we are passionate about increasing awareness about foster care and adoption and we are committed to providing accurate information to those who are interested. If you have questions about adoption and would like to speak with a Chrysalis House staff member, contact our office to schedule an appointment.
If you are just starting out in your adoption journey, congratulations! Please take a look around our site, as many of your questions will be answered here. At Chrysalis House, we encourage you to gather information from various agencies before you decide which agency and which adoption program is right for your family. The process of adoption can be a long and difficult one; the agency you choose will be your support system through this journey, and it is important that you feel comfortable and supported every step of the way.
For many people, it is helpful to attend information meetings at multiple agencies to gather information. Our next orientation meeting can be found by checking our event calendar here, calling our office, or emailing us to reserve your spot! As you research agencies, it can be helpful to ask some of the following questions:
- How many waiting families does your agency have?
- Do you work with birth parents? In what ways?
- What is the average time that families wait before being placed with a child?
- How quickly can I initiate the adoption process?
- What is the total cost of an adoption? What type of third party fees will be needed?
- What parts of the adoption process does your agency handle and will we need to work with any additional people (attorneys, other agencies, etc.)?
- What types of support do you offer to your waiting families (support groups, counseling, etc.)?
- Will your agency support us if we need assistance after our adoption is finalized?