ADOPTION SERVICES APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for your interest in Chrysalis House, Inc! We are excited to support you on your adoption journey. We offer several pathways to family building including: Domestic, Dual-Track, Embryo, and Fost/Adoptions.
Please contact us to RSVP for an upcoming orientation meeting. We offer orientation sessions at 5:30pm on the first Tuesday of every month. Our orientation will provide detailed information on our programs and our Social Work staff will answer questions you might have. Upon attending our orientation, you will be provided with an application packet.
If your family is interested in one of our programs, you must first become an approved Resource Family. Resource Family Approval (RFA) is a family-friendly and child-centered caregiver approval process that includes a comprehensive psychosocial assessment, home environment check, and training for all families.
There are many prerequisites to becoming an approved Resource Family. The most important is the desire to provide a loving and stable home to a child. The applicants must also be at least 18 years of age, in good physical and mental health, and shall submit a completed application, which includes (but is not limited to):
- A photocopy of each applicant's driver's license
- A color picture of your family
- Department of Motor Vehicles report on the applicant, and all adults residing or regularly present in the home who may frequently transport the child(ren)
- A health screening
- Verification of current employment
- Verification of income and disclosure of expenses
- A home and health safety assessment
- Character references
- A thorough background check
If you are interested in transferring your current RFA Approval to our agency through the portability process, please contact our office as there are additional forms that must be completed as part of the application.