- The first step is to contact the office to explore general information about whether our programs might be a good fit for you.
- Next, we invite you to attend an orientation meeting. We offer orientation sessions at 5:30 on the first Tuesday of every month. Please contact us to RSVP for an upcoming orientation meeting.
- You will be provided an application. packet at your orientation, or you may access it at the link. Please submit your completed packet at your earliest convenience.
- Once your application is accepted, you begin completing the home study paperwork and attend the required training classes.
- When about 90% of your paperwork is completed, you will be assigned a social worker who will complete your home study. You social worker will interview you individually and as a couple (for 2 parent families). Your social worker will evaluate your home for safety issues and ensure that it is safe for a child placement.
- Once you home study is completed, you begin the matching process and are matched with the child that is right for your family.
- After being placed with your child, you will have regular visits from your social worker to ensure that the placement is a good fit for both you and your child(ren). If you need support or services during this time, your social worker will work with you closely to make sure you have the appropriate support for your family.
- After the monitoring phase is finished, you will finalize your adoption in court and the child will be a permanent member of your family. You will receive a new birth certificate for the child listing you as the child's parent.
PROCESS OF ADOPTION